Attempt to Assist in the generation of the FC5 Installation Guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:57:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 05:56 -0500, Scott Glaser wrote:
> Ok, Patrick got me setup last night with full CVS access. I now have
> another question, would it be better to setup a branch of the Install
> Guide so that I can submit the changes directly? I believe that this
> makes sense.

I think this makes sense, but I would leave this up to Stuart.  The nice
thing about a branch is that it's the natural way to get the "good
stuff" folded back into HEAD.  I think, though, that for this strategy
to function well, our webtest host needs to be able to build other
branches.  As I recall, this came up at last night's FDSCo meeting.  Did
anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?  The "bulkbuild"
script in our docs-common/bin/ is the starting point, so if someone
wants to submit a patch to the list, it would be appreciated.