Separate directories for each Language for Release notes (and other docs)

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sun Jan 8 23:05:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 15:01 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:
>
> > > I propose deferring this reorganization until we get the RPM
> > > packaging stuff nailed down.  Then we can just change the paths
> > > around a bit ;-)
> > Agreed, but I think we need some "thirds" and "me too's" before
> > proceeding since it will shake up CVS a little.  *sigh*  If only we used
> > Subversion.
>
> Yeah.  Where the heck is Major Kong, er, I mean quaid?
>
> What would be so bad about using svn that we don't just use it.
> IIRC, it doesn't seem to require a server process, just a properly
> configured directory structure: similar to yum.

SVN rocks, but it does require a server process. It uses either BDB or a
customised file system for storage, both of which need to be modified by
the server process. It also supports wacky things like "move" and
"symbolic links", which make modifying and maintaining complex directory
structures a lot less painful.

Vote 1 SVN!

This has been an unpaid political announcement.

--
Jeff Fearn
gpg fingerprint:5FB4 61C4 8BE3 4DF6 F7FD  37B0 95C3 0F36 21DC 65C6