Self-Introduction: Debra Deutsch

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Sun Jan 22 11:35:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 21:14 -0500, Debra Deutsch wrote:

> What do I want to write about?  My primary interest is to write about
> topics that will help people who are comfortable with computer software
> and hardware but are not expert in Linux.  That is how I see myself.
> These readers understand operating system principals, the functions of
> the hardware components in a computer system, and how the hardware and
> software work together.  They may be willing to take on complex tasks
> that are not appropriate to a non-technical user.  On the other hand,
> they may not have all the Linux-specific knowledge that some discussions
> of advanced topics assume.

Welcome to the project.

This describes what I would like to do with the Administration Guide -
provide a document that gives readers with some understanding of
computers the confidence to manage Linux systems, by clearly explaining
how the system works:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide

You may also be interested in the Getting Started Guide, which is a more
basic introduction for new users that Bob Jensen and Martin Brej are now
developing:

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/GettingStartedGuide

Although the project uses a number of different tools, none are complex
in themselves, so if you have a stronger interest in something we do not
currently cover, feel free to propose it. We can step you through the
document startup process fairly easily.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA