Introduction

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 3 22:20:15 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 08:11 -0500, Rodrigo Menezes wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> My name is Rodrigo, I'm and Fedora Ambassador in Brazil and we are
> working to distribute and show Fedora Core for a lot of people.
>
> One of our interest is to create a extension of Fedora Docs Project but
> with portuguese documentation, so the people in Brazil can use this files.
>
> Today we have the www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/pt, a translation of the
> original page, I want to create a
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/pt/DocsProject. What do you think?
>
> This way we can translate english documentation to portuguese and create
> portuguese documentation and translate to English.

Actually, our current docs CVS supports drafting/creating documentation
in pt_BR!  It is not limited to just en_US as a "first" or "primary"
language.  We should be able to then have translators create en_US
versions.

There is also work being done currently to get Docs integrated with the
"normal" translation process, so that all this will be less work than it
is now.  (It's not difficult right now, but it's still separate steps
from Fedora code translation.  We're working on it!)

I would like to see translation be part of the Plone CMS as well, but I
have no idea how that would work.

Yours is not the first request for i18n/l10n on the Wiki -- I think this
might be a more general issue that should go to fedora-websites-list for
discussion.