Spanish Installation Guide

"Guillermo Gómez S." guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Wed May 17 09:10:31 UTC 2006

Manuel Ospina wrote:
> In short, these are the steps:
>
> 1. Download the packages from the repository:
>
> export	CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs
> cvs co docs

Done (docs-common and instal-guide in my workstation)
> 2. Change the OTHERS macro in the Makefile to include es:
>
>         OTHERS = it pt_BR es -> done
>

> 3. Make a new PO file for es:
>
>         make po/es.po -> done
> 4. Translate es.po using kbabek or gtranslator.

Tried some lines and went for a check with make html -es (following the
info at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation).
Got some errors, and stopped translating:

Type 1 error
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd
/home/gomix/workspace-fedora/install-guide/en_US/fedora-install-guide.xml:12:
warning: failed to load external entity
"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"
]>

Type 2 error
No template for "/book/bookinfo/revhistory" (or any of its leaves) exists
in the context named "title" in the "en" localization.

Type 3 error
No template matches xi:include in book.
Type 4 error (final)
make: *** No rule to make target
`/home/gomix/workspace-fedora/install-guide/../docs-common/common/entities/entities-es.ent',
needed by `es/fdp-entities.ent'.  Stop.

> 5. Once your translation is done commit the po file:
>
> 	cvs commit -m 'Any message' po/es.po
>
> 6. When the translation is ready commit the Makefile:
>
>         cvs ci -m 'Locale "es" translation finished' Makefile
>
> That's it.
>
> Cheers,
> Manuel

Guillermo