FC7 through FC10 Name Proposals

Markus McLaughlin markmc34 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 24 17:25:09 UTC 2006

Hi Fedora Fans/Users/Programmers!!!

This is definitely an exciting day for us Fedora Fans/Users/Programmers!
I am downloading the MAC-PPC edition of FC6 all day today on my day off
from work.  I love the name ZOD, very cool, and a nice reference to
General
Zod of Superman lore.  Now here are names that I hope will be considered
for the upcoming releases.  Star Trek turned 40 this year so I
propose the
name for Fedora Core 7 to be Spock.  I will write to startrek.com and
trektoday.com and the Trek BBS if that is okay to be used since it
won't be
a name that can be sold.  Along with the Spock name, I want to encourage
programmers who know how to create themes to create an "LCARS" theme
that looks a lot like a computer display on board the Enterprise-D as
shown
in ST-TNG complete with animated icons and/or panels.

Here are names I hope will be considered for FC8 through FC10.
Athena, a
Greek Goddess, would make an appealing name for FC8.  FC9 should be
named either Brando, Kurtz, Vito, Jules, Vega, Tarantino, Starbuck,
Baltar,
Pryor, Kennedy, or Boston.

In honor of Linus Torvalds' work on the Linux kernel, Fedora Core 10
will
be known as "Hattu," which is Finnish for Hat.  It will also honor my
Finnish
roots as well, half of my ancestors/family comes from Finland so I
insist
on this name as well.   The other half being Irish American, my
ancestors
came from Ireland.

Please consider these names in the months to come but PLEASE use "Hattu"
for Fedora Core 10, it would be the logical thing to do....

BTW, Fedora Core needs an optional Sidebar a la Vista in both GNOME and
KDE, customizable of course.  I think FC should have a really good
expanded
"Start" panel as well in future releases.  Finally, some cool
animated icons
would be a nice touch in FC7...

Mark McLaughlin - marknetproductionsentrance.blogspot.com - Hudson,
MA, USA