Problem with a localized html version of FC6 release notes

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Oct 9 16:22:56 UTC 2006

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-10-09 at 01:28 +0300, Nikos Charonitakis wrote:
>> In a rawhide system with Greek locale there is a report that when a
>> user clicks on release notes link (welcome page) an English version of
>> release notes appears.
>> Although there is a html file containing Greek release notes, FireFox
>> opens the wrong file...
>> Is this a problem with other locales or Greek specific?
>> Can we do something?
>
> Paul may correct me here, but this is what I think is happening.
>
> We were *not* able to make an 'adaptive index', meaning, one that would
> detect the browser's language and load the localized welcome/homepage.
>
> Instead we have included a paragraph in English with links to all
> localized versions of the release notes.

Karsten,

I think it would be a good idea to include a similar paragraph in
english with links to all localized versions *of the splash page* too.

We have these pages localized, so why not give the user the choice
(preferably, at the top of the page) to view them?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B