Re: Adaptive index.html for Release Notes

O/H Tommy Reynolds έγραψε:
> I've made a first cut at a auto-adapting index.html page for the
> release notes.  Find it at:
>
> 	http://www.megacoder.com/files/fdsco/renotes-index.html
>
> Let me know what you think.  It could be auto generated by the
> Makefile without too much trouble.

The script works here too.

Kind of. Actually, it doesn't. :)

Firefox seems to ignore the environment variable `LANG` completely when
returning the UserAgent string. So, even though it does show localized messages,
the above script returns "en" as the language.

I tried downloading a mozilla-localized version from [1], and that seems to
ignore the env variable too. Unless I am doing something completely wrong, it
seems our solution does not work in Firefox.

Konqueror does it correclty: If you start it with a different `LANG` env var,
the messages are localized and the above script works too.

-dim

[1]: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html

--
Dimitris Glezos