plone?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Sep 24 21:21:56 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 12:30 -0400, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 21:44 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> > If you are going to interested in helping out, just talk to the people
> > referred to in that page. I dont want to see yet another long discussion
> >   on this. Just do it.
> >
> Alrighty then, will do. Like I said, I wasn't privy to earlier
> discussions, so I apologize for bringing up discussion points that have
> already been discussed.

No worries. :)  And help is definitely the catching point; FC6 has been
distracting of late for many people, and we always decide to "wait until
after the release."

The deal with Plone + Moin is like this:

Plone -
  * Gives us a nice front page that we cannot do with Moin (tried and
the best we have is on the front of fp.o currently)
  * Gives us a way to publish formal documentation with a workflow to
ensure that it is properly written, edited, and so forth; current system
on f.r.c is too manual, requires too much training, is antiquated, and
based on PHP, which FInfrastructure does not support

Wiki -
 * Project based documentation (most likely, since people just do it)
 * FDP drafting (Docs/Drafts)
 * Docs/Beats

So, Plone serves the front page, and the Wiki + Wiki content + Plone
content is linked from there.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project