Firefox splash page tracker

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Sep 30 19:25:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 03:33 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> > Dimitris:
> >
> > We just got a last-minute idea from Max Spevack et al, to put a hit
> > tracker on the splash page.  A box in the upper corner/somewhere like
> > below[1].
>
> Karsten, Max, et al,
>
> I believe the addition of such a tracker (solution 1) will have a bad impact on
> the image of the Fedora Project on our users, which will not be worth the
> information gained from this addition.
>
> I'll try to elaborate my thoughts.

Dimitris, thanks for your well written response.  I tend to agree with
your analysis.  The intentions of getting a rough count of desktop users
are obviously the best, but the timing is too short to work out all the
ramifications (social, technological, etc.).  In American football, this
is where we punt, meaning to kick the idea to the next release.

If we had just a bit more time, we could have a button to click to get
us some rough numbers, but timing is just too close.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project