Relnotes content feed spam

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 20:10:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 11:08 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > Is there any way to cut down or stop spam to our relnotes content list
> > feed?  Is it because we don't require membership so that we can feed
> > content from non-human sources?
> >

> Aside from requiring membership there might be some spam headers built
> in from Red Hat's scanner to deny some mail if it goes through the
> normal list.  Is it going to an @redhat.com or an @fedoraproject.org
> address?
>
> Example headers:

The address for the content is fedora-relnotes-content (at) rh d0t com.
The mail we're getting in is being stripped of its HTML attachments, so
whatever AV solution is there, seems to be working fine.  It would be
nice to simply have these vanish before they get passed to the list, but
honestly I'm not much of a mail mechanic.  If this is worth a ticket for
someone to investigate, I'll be happy to fill one out, but I don't want
to create a difficult job for someone when my Del key suffices.

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/