wiki problems

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Dec 17 22:43:15 UTC 2007

Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>    Well in another way I got to a page that seems to be a sign-up page
>>> and it does not like the things I put in for my GPG numbers. This is
>>> because I know shit-nothing about them except that if you just put $
>>> gpg in a window it calculates a lot of things. I put my "finger" on my
>>> messages but that may be wrong too.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Here is what I did. I removed the old gpg things and did a new one. Here
>> is what it printed when it was done:
>>
>> gpg: checking the trustdb
>> gpg: 3 marginal(s) needed, 1 complete(s) needed, PGP trust model
>> gpg: depth: 0  valid:   1  signed:   0  trust: 0-, 0q, 0n, 0m, 0f, 1u
>> pub   1024D/FA8EC752 2007-12-17
>>      Key fingerprint = 28AC 2D41 EF25 0417 7166  DD81 44BD ABFC FA8E C752
>> uid                  Karl Larsen (For Fedora Doc work) <k5di at zianet.com>
>> sub   1024g/9A70DE59 2007-12-17
>>
>> Which number do I need to put in the two spaces on the sign-up page? It
>> is not at all clear to me.
>>

> Karl, it's your public key ID:
>
> FA8EC752
>
> Vladimir
>
>> Karl

I think another problem is the MIT keyserver. When I try to send my key
to them Iget:

[karl at k5di ~]$ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --send-keys FA8EC752
gpg: sending key FA8EC752 to hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver send failed: keyserver error
[karl at k5di ~]$

It appears to be a MIT problem.

Karl

--