wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 02:00:22 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> Mike and other fellow Fedorans:
>
> We've discussed this a small amount on f-infrastructure-list, and even
> more on IRC.
>
> Can we run a beta of Moin 1.6 so we can get the click-through CLA?

a test instance to setup or migrate the production wiki to Moin 1.6?
> What do you want to do about the wiki, in general?

pretend it doesn't exist :)
> The poor wiki beast.  It sits in the middle of all of us, and while
> Infrastructure owns it operationally ("keep the lights on"), who owns it
> spiritually?
>
> Should that be Fedora Docs?
>
> Could that be Fedora Docs?

Not sure, the websites team should probably work with docs on this.  I
feel like there's a lot of content on the wiki that should be
elsewhere.  I think removing content from the wiki and moving it
elsewhere (docs.fp.o or fp.o)  Almost like no end-user content should
end up in the wiki.  (probably a dream world)
> Be careful, those may be different answers. :)
>
> What would such an ownership/stewardship role mean?
>
> For one, we would have to push through the click-through CLA and enable
> an army of people to own and help maintain page quality.  As Wikipedia
> has learned before us.

Now this click-through CLA is one that is not tied to the user correct?
Just something they're prompted with when editing the page with an
unverified account.  I worry what an army of people who don't have
enough stake in Fedora to fully sign the CLA will do for/to Fedora.  But
it is the open way :)  I'd like to get rid of the CLA all together.

On a side note, there's going to be an FAS session during FUDCon, I'd
encourage anyone that is interested to come on by.

    -Mike