wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Dec 21 19:41:42 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>> John Babich wrote:
>>> On Dec 21, 2007 5:05 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> I stand corrected. Should we combine the two sessions? There seems to
>>> be enough overlap to justify it. On the other hand, perhaps my
>>> proposed session should be  broader in scope and address all ways to
>>> improve the contributor experience, AKA lowering the barriers.

>>> I'll check it out.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> John "lower those barriers" Babich
>>>

>>    Just a point about Lowering the Barriers. Right now if you follow
>> the instructions on the web pages you will never join the Doc. There
>> are ways to do it in other places and I tried one. Not sure yet if it
>> worked :-)
>
> Karl listen, I've been nice by not saying anything but now I'm going
> to.  Over 1500 people have completed the very process that you're
> complaining about.
    Thank you Mike! I have asked if anyone else has succeeded in joining
and never got an answer. If 1500 people have done so then there is a
problem with my Linux F8 or my way of doing it.

>   Even in the time you've tried to apply people have succeeded.  Its
> not an easy process but it does take a level of competence and
> independance to complete (we're working on making it better, really)
> I'm not making fun, but your jabs and quips aren't helping anyone.
    My jabs were because it seemed like nothing worked. Now I know I am
too stupid to succeed.

>   The docs mailing list is not the place for technical support for
> signing the CLA and the fedora-list is not a blog.
>
>    -Mike

Actually signing the CLA is duck soup. You print the file they send you
and mail it to the address given. Could not be more simple.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User