DUG

Dan O'Brien dan at new2linux.com
Wed Dec 26 20:23:08 UTC 2007

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Dan O'Brien wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> It's been a busy couple weeks and I haven't had much time to get much
>> work done on the DUG. I'm going on a business trip for a couple days and
>> had planned on spending the weekend catching up on the DUG. IIRC there
>> was talk of having the DUG complete by sometime next week? What needs to
>> be done?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dan O'Brien
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thats my fault I was supposed to be working on it this whole week but
> my son's been sick since last Friday and he's only just gone to day
> care today.  I found some issues with the [1] xfce desktop which I'll
> fix tonight.  Other things that need to be added if I remember was
> screenshots for kde? [2]
>
> Communications section [3] some information about getting compiz
> working though I see issues since the only opensource driver that
> works currently is the intel one.
>
> Some wireless, vpn and NetworkManager info[4], Kmymoney [5] and
> Multimedia should have and ipod howto since we are allowed to ship it
> should also have the steps to get mp3's using the links provided
> within the distribution. (I need feedback on this)
>
> I think if all those can be fixed today and I'll endeavor to work my
> way down the list if you want to work up the list we can have another
> look at it on the list to see what else people think needs to be added.
>

> Regards,
>
> Marc
>
> 1: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/XfceDesktop
> 2: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/KdeDesktop
> 3:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Communications
> 4:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/ConfiguringInternet
>
> 5: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/DesktopUserGuide/Financial

All,
Well i had intended to get some work done on the dug this past weekend,
but thanks to the lovely people at my ISP my internet connection has
been up and down since Saturday morning and no one seems to know when it
will be back up. Is there any other way I can get the content of the dug
locally on my laptop (without installing Moin), then I can edit it
locally and post it when i get to work?

Regards,
Dan O'Brien