copying+pasting screen examples

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 06:55:28 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 3:57 PM, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc at mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:
> Murray McAllister wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to re-do the DNS section for use with RPMs instead of
> > tarball. I have just noticed that I can't correctly copy and paste the
> > examples I have done using {{{ }}}. I assume these will be converted
> > to <screen> tags eventually, maybe the problem will go away then.
> >
> > For example, copying the /etc/named.conf options section from
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide/Servers/DNSBIND/BINDConfiguration
> > appears as the following in vim:
> >
> > options {
> >           directory "/etc/bind";
> >           allow--­query {any;};
> >           recursion no;
> >           pid--­file "/var/run/named/named.pid";
> >           zone--­statistics yes;
> >           statistics-­f-ile "/etc/bind/named­stats.log";
> > };
> >

> It's fixed I just edited it and added the extra dash and it works fine?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Marc

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your help. I could not get it to work, when an extra dash
is added (foo--bar) I end up with 3, for example, foo---bar. Maybe I'm
doing something wrong, I'll have to look at it more. I was using kate
to edit the content then copy it into the wiki, I noticed when I
copied from kate into the wiki it added an extra dash, for example,
copying "foo-bar" from kate appeared as "foo--bar" in the wiki.

I'm definitely doing something wrong here! I'll look at it more
tomorrow, at the moment I'm wrestling with trying to use a package
instead of the tarball. A few hours lately and I finally have it
running :P

Cheers,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]