Re: what writing tools do you use?

Me I do my roughs in Kedit, then move them to Open Office or to
Abiword for final checks. What I hope to do is build a writer's
editor. I also write novels and find the tools for writing a novel to
be basically worthless. I wind up doing things on paper as often as
not when it comes to notes, story lines and such because word
processors are so bulky and worthless, and the light editors so poorly
designed for the task.  Mostly it's a matter of sitting down and
finding the time to get back into programming. Hadn't coded anything
major in several years. All the tools have changed.