admin guide dns and bind

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:22:28 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,

I have 'completed' the DNS and BIND section. I have not read over what
I have done, planning to do that Saturday morning since I am a day
ahead of every ne else.

The structure is terrible...maybe someone else will fix that ;).

Maybe this section could be left out, I have only detailed how to
setup and configure when compiling bind from source. I tried a 'yum
install bind' this morning and couldn't even find where it put
named.conf...so I figured I did not have enough time to learn all over
again before saturday.

Also, what is the policy on linking to external websites? I have a few
links to other sites, such as http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns ...
these sites may not be around as long as the guide though.

I have included a "references and thanks" section at the end. These
were the books and resources I used when I wrote the original paper
that I used for this guide, however that knowledge is now common to me
- so are the links needed? I don't think there should be a list like
this in an admin guide anyway...but I don't want to take credit for
someone elses work. If it shouldn't be there (I'm not sure it needs to
be since it is common knowledge to me now).

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Kind Regards,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]