Self-Introduction: Malcolm Jacobson

Malcolm Jacobson techwriter at documentwrite.com
Mon Nov 26 12:15:05 UTC 2007

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.
> Here's the rub, Malcolm:  Documentation from contributors, which we
> welcome, has to be licensed in a way that we are free to distribute it,
> and that anyone else is free to copy and redistribute.  We therefore
> must have controls in place that allow you to affirmatively license your
> work in that fashion.  Unfortunately, right now there are a couple too
> many steps involved in doing this, but we are working hard to make this
> easier for people like yourself, who just want to help with wiki-based
> documentation.

OK. I've written a fair bit of free (mainly Creative Commons licensed)
content over the years, but I've never encountered the key/fingerprint
process before. I look forward to the arrival of one-click licensing!
> In the meantime, you can visit
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join for instructions on
> geting a Fedora account and wiki access.
Thanks. I had a read through the Fedora Documentation Style Guide today
and I found the section on "Screenshots and Images" quite interesting. I
understand the reasons why images are not preferred, but I would like to
use at least one screenshot per page in my documentation. If I use more
than one image per page will my documentation be rejected?

I also found a couple of typo's in the Style Guide. I'm not sure if they
should be the subject of another email, so I'll just include them here:

1. On the "Content and Rendering" page

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide/ContentAndRendering

The second sentence is missing the word "of" between "types" and
"information" (Many writers use formatting to distinguish between
different types information ...).

2. On the "Dates and Times" page

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/StyleGuide/DatesAndTimes

The third sentence of the third paragraph of the "Absolute Times"
section is missing the "s" in the word "use" (For example, to ue
precision ...).

Cheers,

Malcolm.