FDSCo Meeting 2007-10-14 Summary

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:03:03 UTC 2007

A non-quorum meeting was held with John Babich (jmbuser) and Bart
Couvreur (couf) attending.  Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams (ivazquez) and
Ville-Pekka Vainio (vpv) also participated.

Two agenda items were discussed (both suggested by the Fedora
Marketing team in the previous day's meeting).

1. Marketing team proposal to republish, on docs.fp.o, FedoraUnity.org
docs for creating re-spins. See
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2007-October/msg00058.html
for details.

Note: docs.fp.o is the abbreviation for docs.fedoraproject.org.

<jmbuser> To be practical, I guess we need a "table of contents" and
start with revisor and add the others [live-CD tools & pungi] as time
permits - links to what exists today

<couf> jmbuser: I'll see what I can do
<couf> I'll try to get kanarip and daMaestro on board and it could go fast then

2. Publishing howto's to docs.fp.o: increase visibility of the site
and might have positive influence on our contributor flow-in

John and Bart briefly reviewed Marc Wiriadisastra's (Strikeforce) site
and agreed that this would be a good addition to docs.fp.o. The main
concern is that the how-tos need to meet the "legal" guidelines for a
Fedora Project site - i.e., not include forbidden items. These items
could remain on an unofficial website if desired. This would be a
great project for a beginner with a little bit of guidance.

Ville-Pekka joined in to clarify that his summer project was
concerning man and info pages, not how-tos. He is busy at the moment,
but will ask for assistance on the mailing list to publish his work,
once he has the time available.

Best regards,

John Babich
Member, Fedora Docs Project