Re: Wiki Business

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:

1) We now have a bot on the wiki, appropriately named Wikibot, this can be used for general repetitive tasks such as en-mass addition of categories to pages, and some general clean-up tasks that needs to/should happen once in a while.

How do we use it?  Do you have any examples?  It sounds cool!

2) Some pages are getting a bit too big, while some are getting useless as time goes on (information for EOL releases. As such I propose the addition of two new name spaces...

a) Archive: (without talk pages)
Purpose - To allow archiving wiki pages pertaining to EOL releases, and/or are no longer relevant to the general user Benefits - With proper setup (not searched by default for instance) we can help speed up searches and remove old information from general end users, BUT still be there for those interested. Pages like the old Extras and FSA pages come to mind immediately.

b) Meeting: (with talk pages)
Purpose - Allow some separation of end-user based content and board/committee/group meeting logs Benefits - Marginal, similar to the purpose of Archive though, basically, somewhere to keep meeting logs in a place where they can be optionally searched but not by default

Definitely in favor of the Archive: idea, and don't have a strong preference either way on the Meeting: idea.

--Max