DUG target version?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 20:15:11 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 17:26 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Was the DUG supposed to be targeted at F-8 or F-9?  I ask because the
> user-facing software situation for the network changes drastically in
> F-9 with NetworkManager by default.

Whoops.  We are definitely across each other right now.  Half of us are
working on F-8 and half on F-9 content.

Can we:

1. Freeze work on the DUG for a few days
2. Branch what is there into an F-8 and F-9 version
   Use the new structure?
     wiki/Desktop_User_Guide/8/Draft
     wiki/Desktop_User_Guide/9/Draft
3. Dig out the changes that make it F-9 and put those in one version
4. Look in the history for the changes that make it F-8 and put those in
the other version

The point is, we had 90% of the work for an F-8 guide completed, why not
version it and help it get done.  Coincidentally, we have 70% of the
work for F-9 done, same deal.

Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41