self introduction and rel notes advice

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 1 05:55:02 UTC 2008

Howdy.

I guess I'm supposed to talk about me a little bit first.
I switched from Slackware on a pile of floppies to RH 3.3 back in the day.
I contributed a couple of RPMs to redhat-contribs. I ran RH through 9, and
I've been using Fedora since Core 1. I'm versed in system administration,
networking, and programming (scripting mostly). I run a public mirror. blah de blah...

Anyway, I started the FWN Virtualization Beat[1], and have been doing it
for a few weeks now. Jason Taylor saw it, and asked if I wouldn't mind working
on the Fedora 10 Virtualization Release Notes[2]. I would like to do that.
I have started to gather up info, and scratch together a very rough draft
on my user page.[3] I'll move it to the Beat page soon; when it's less scratchy.

A couple of questions.

When describing new features of a release, should one describe the
improvements between the feature as it existed at F9 release time or as it
exists in the most recent F9 updates? I assume the former.

I'm dense. Can someone explain the schedule[4] to me? Apparently the beats
were recently combined on 9/22. Is the next deadline 10/2 (Translation
Freeze)? And the final deadline appears to be 10/29?

Thanks!

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats/Virtualization
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Virtualization
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DaleBewley#Virtualization_Release_Notes
[4] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Schedule
--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3