plan for working with release notes

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 02:15:49 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:
> On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 11:27 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
>> Karsten 'quaid' Wade さんは書きました:

>>> Yes, that is a fundamental goal, and currently they don't need to use
>>> *any* SCM to submit translations.  Translators can download the POT file
>>> and submit the PO file via l10n.fedoraproject.org.  But for those who
>>> want to build locally to check their work, they need a working
>>> toolchain.
>>>
>>> This is worth clarifying in updates to TQSG -- these are actions for
>>> people who want to build locally.
>> Since it seems natural that many translators wish for the capability of
>> building for proofreading purpose, this will be must to include.
>>
>> Or, when committed, some mechanism automatically builds them and
>> publishes somewhere as draft, translators may not need to have git
>> installed for proofreading purpose.
>
> What if we were to fix the TQSG to include information on how to:
>
> 1. check out the "new" docs-common,
>
> 2. add new language support by running a couple commands and translating
> a single small POT => PO file (in other words, exactly as before), and
>
> 3. file a Trac ticket with the appropriate additions?

Yp, it sounds no problem

>>> Interesting.  It appears that there is a parity right now between the
>>> po/ folder and the common/ folder, especially since I merged the Korean
>>> files.
>> We are expected to change our language code to such as "ja-JP" due to
>> Publican not accepting "_" underscore, no?
>> My memory is bad.
>
> The Fedora docs toolchain won't mind either format, so translators can
> do as they like, really.

>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Adding_languages_to_fedora-doc-utils
>> >From individual translator's view, even if ko.xml is missing, as far as
>> release-note-ja is buildable then that does not cause any problem for me
>> to perform proofreading. However sometime I like to help other languages
>> translators, so eventually all of other languages xml should be
>> available to pick up somewhere.
>
> By any chance, do you have a list of new languages that need support?
> If so, and you were to send it to us here, we could start the process by
> creating the files, which translators could then populate as needed.

For release-note, Korean was the only one missing AFAIK. For
install-guide, Russian (ru), Chinese Traditional (zh_TW) and Korean (ko)
are missing. I have no consent yet that those translators are going to
contribute on Installation Guide for F10 though.

There might be more to come from India languages.
/me ping ankit and mishti.

noriko