Another f-docs-commits change

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 18:52:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 11:36 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 18:20 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > After realizing I wasn't cutting down on the email going to moderators,
> > I set mailman not to notify for auto-discards.  I don't want to be a
> > mailman dictator, so if anyone disagrees please call me on it!
>
> We just don't get false-positives to the commits list, so I don't mind
> auto-bit-bucket for that stuff.  Thanks for making the changes.
>
> We've got all the kinks worked out now so we *are* getting the commits
> we want, right?  We'll know it isn't working in the future if the
> commits stop coming?
>
> We cannot do that with f-docs-l because we do get legitimate email, such
> as replies from non-list members who were Cc:'d on an email.  I can flip
> through that page in about five minutes, searching for "Subject:" in the
> body of the page and reviewing each for legitimacy.  One thing about
> spam, the subject never looks right for this list.  Unless we *do* have
> a bank account I forgot about ...

Heh, exactly.  With f-docs-commits, there's a really narrow range of
things that should appear there.  Given the size of the moderation queue
last time, the rate at which I've seen spam coming in (several/day
without fail), and our familiarity with what we *should* see there, I
feel pretty safe with these changes.

--
Paul W. Frields