License Change... Publican

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:42:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:28:45PM -0400, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:28, Eric Christensen<eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:

> >> Display where?  You mean in documents that have been built?  Wouldn't
> >> that just be a change in the publican-fedora package to the
> >> /usr/share/publican/Common_Content/fedora/*/Legal_Notice.xml files?
> >
> > Yes, which is what I'm talking about.  We need to change that text.
> > Do we want to include the CC graphic there as well?

I don't see a particular need for a graphic, but it wouldn't be a
problem although it would have to be included in that common content
store as well.  I would suggest you file a bug with the particulars of
what you want to change, against publican-fedora.

> > From an existing doc:
> > This material may only be distributed subject to the terms and
> > conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, V1.0
> >
> > to:
> > This material may only be distributed subject to the terms and
> > conditions set forth in the Creative Commons BY-SA, v3.0, license.

That sounds right to me, with a URL link to the license on the CC
site.

> And while I'm thinking about it...  are we using the United States
> license or the unported license?

That's probably a question for fedora-legal-list, but my guess is
Unported -- I'm not sure Legal sees the use in the ported version, in
any language.