Documentation & Translation schedule review

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:55:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 07:24:33PM -0500, John J. McDonough wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 15:05 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> > I'll try to see what I can do with this, but it doesn't address my
> > original request below.
>
> Yeah, but 90% of it doesn't matter.
>
> It really doesn't make a lot of difference whether you arrange the
> furniture or hang the pictures first, but you don't want to hang the
> pictures before you paint the wall, and oh yeah, maybe you need to put
> up the wall before you can paint it.
>
> In F12 there was so much clutter that we missed some key items. That's
> why I'm focusing on getting the house built before I worry about
> decorating it.
>
> John, are these all part of a master schedule with dependencies between
> the teams, or is each team's plan independent?  If we can just get the
> dependencies right we ought to have the dates right.

They are all part of a master schedule which John and others including
me consult for information.  The source is published on John'd
fedorapeople.org area each release.  This allows people to use the
identical tools and produce meaningful diffs with comments if they
feel that's useful.

We always appreciate input and suggestions to make the schedule tasks
and dates work better.  If anyone wants to produce something in the
tool set, they're encouraged to use the source and tools (taskjuggler)
to do so.  It's well-nigh impossible to relegate schedule data from
completely different tools.

I suspect the talk next week will help a lot in this regard. I'd also
recommend that people on the team think about how we could use the
resulting schedule in regular meetings to stay on top of approaching
tasks.