CMS choice - Zikula is the new Fedora CMS

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Wed Jan 28 16:58:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 11:32 -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> Which brings me to the question - why are we languishing when it comes
> to making this decision?

Because I don't feel we haven't fully been able to articulate our
reasons for wanting a CMS, and I think it would be premature to choose
one particular CMS before deciding if *any* CMS is the proper solution.

> We even regressed and talked about if/why we
> need a CMS (and I am one of the guilty parties here)

I'm probably the most guilty here, as I spent a lot of time last weekend
trying to figure out how we get a CMS to handle various aspects of
taking single-page HTML/multi-page (chunked) HTML/PDFs out of our
DocBook toolchain and into a CMS in such a way that it's not a hack.

If Zikula (or another CMS) already have provisions for this, then I'm
happy to move forward.  But based on the discussions both here on the
list and in the IRC channel, I don't feel my questions have been
adequately addressed.

My 2 cents (before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization)...

-Jared