Preparing for F11 Release Notes

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Fri Jan 30 17:12:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 11:25 -0500, Eric Christensen wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 00:15 +0800, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> > And I have to say, maybe it's just me, but I was far more "wowed" and
> > "awed" by the Gnome & KDE release notes than the Fedora ones.  I still
> > got what I wanted from the Fedora ones, but the Gnome & KDE ones really
> > gave me that desire to try them out.
>
> So in addition to the facts we should throw in some sparkly objects that
> make people NEED to come try it out.  The world might end unless you try
> out our new features!
>
> I agree.  I've never read the GNOME or KDE release notes but I will now.
> If we are missing something that could entice people to come on over
> then we are missing out.

I guess the main difference I recall are:
      * Mentioning of what makes $thisrelease better than $thisrelease--
      * A reasonably flat layout in one document.  No more than 2 levels
        of hierarchy (easy to digest)
      * Anything that needs more details is linked elsewhere
      * The document itself looks pretty.  If there is a compelling new
        style, then that theme is used (e.g., KDE).  If the website has
        a nice interface, than that style is used (Gnome).  I fear,
        currently, Fedora Project is lacking on both fronts, at least on
        the web side.

Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
www.basilgohar.com