Fedora Desktop Guide Update

Matthew Daniels danielsmw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:22:45 UTC 2009

At last week's FDSCo meeting, I blabbered along for a few minutes concerning
where I wanted to go with the User Guide (and, subsequently, that I thought
we should rename it).
I've put together a mock table of contents and a few sample paragraphs of
the sort of style I envisioned in the rewritten guide.  I'd appreciate any
comments on other ways to address the audience, better topics to choose, or
anything else that you feel would make it better.

Please note that it's neither properly formatted nor spell/grammar-checked
nor comprehensive in scope.  I'm just looking for ideas before we get too
far instead of after we've done half the guide.

Links:
http://danielsmw.fedorapeople.org/Guide.pdf
http://danielsmw.fedorapeople.org/Guide.odt

Also, because of the way this has been
restyled, I think it could be easier for people to contribute; instead
of delving into the full document and pulling out a scalpel to
existing, messy content, people could just send me a paragraph or two
on a particular question they care about or think is relevant.

Cheers!
Matthew Daniels
Fedora Project
+ danielsmw at gmail.com