Czech translation of Fedora 11 Release Notes

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 00:00:16 UTC 2009

On 07/31/2009 03:50 AM, Josef Hruška wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sorry to disturb all from the discussion on  Fedora 12 Release
> Notes schedule but the Czech translation of F11 Release Notes is now on
> 90% and I  have two three questions.
> Would it be possible to publish the Release Notes as a web page(s) on
> Fedora Project? At lease for "pre-view" purposes, to work on
> finalisation of the translation before official publication?

Hi Josef -- and many, many thanks for your hard work on getting the
Release Notes translated!

I've just rebuilt the Czech version and pushed it to the
docs.fedoraproject.org repo; it will become visible the next time that
the webserver synchronises with the repo (sometime in the next few hours).

I also corrected a small number of little XML errors that prevented the
book from building properly. You can see them here:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/?p=docs/release-notes.git;a=commitdiff;h=d7e660d5fa987faac69ae0f5256ba506e4fb4381

I notice that you still have the cs.po file checked out through
Transifex; if you check this back in, you'll over-write those changes,
so you should either download a fresh copy of cs.po, or if you have made
changes in your local copy that you haven't checked in yet, please fix
those same errors in your local copy before uploading :)

> How can I help or what I should do to happen this (publication on the FP
> web site)?

Getting from the po file submitted in Transifex to pages on the web site
is a long, complicated, and frustrating process that involves wrestling
with a couple of incompatible tools ;)

You can get a feel for the first stages of the process here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2009-May/msg00150.html
-- with a correction here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-trans-list/2009-May/msg00169.html

I seriously suggest that it's not worth learning this process unless you
have a lot of time and need more pain in your life -- both the
incompatible tools (Transifex and Publican) are about to have major
upgrades soon that will make almost all of this irrelevant...

Cheers
Rudi