changing content licenses (OPL => CC BY SA)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 20:02:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 07:36:38PM +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:

> I think the community and contributors should be shown respect by
> sending out a form mass email to each directly, responses not
> required because of the CLA.

Perhaps that is a fair compromise.

I'm still a'feared of what happens if anyone says "no", especially for
wiki content.

Unlike code, it is reasonably hard to determine what is a person's
contribution once it has been through several edit and rewrites.  Was
that "the" your contribution or mine?  If I use automation to remove
all of your edits and go put in my own content, does it have to be
different than what was there before?  How do I determine what is a
fair rewrite and what is just me paraphrasing with the same words?

http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41