Beta Announcement Ready?

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Mar 23 15:04:52 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>
To: <fedora-docs-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Beta Announcement Ready?

> can someone revisit this page and, without making
> the list too long, add just a smidge more info?

I have to admit, I''ve been somehwat going the other way.  An awful lot of
the features this release are technically interesting, but pretty much
non-events for most users.  On the flip side, some of the development
changes (and there are many) are really important to their particular
audience.  This is perhaps more critical in the beta release notes, which
have been getting similar gardening.

I've been struggling, though, with the beta release notes.  There are many,
many changes for developers, and many of those changes require specific
action.  But I've been a little reluctant to make the beta "one page" too
gangly for a relatively small audience.  On the other hand, some of the
developers have been very helpful in providing, sometimes extensive,
content.  Again, I've been a little timid about whacking out their work and
leaving it only in the somewhat lower profile GA release notes.

--McD