Fedora-tour: A Fedora Feature for new users

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Sat Nov 28 06:34:53 UTC 2009

> Naturally, we want to make it as easy for the docs team, and the various SIGs
> to add initial content and update/overhaul it each release. What tools would
> the Docs team recommend we use as a backend for this? We could possibly
> introduce some mediawiki-esque markup syntax, straight html, or Docbook XML,
> along with anything else that is suggested and agreed upon. We're still in the
> early design phase of this project and are open to any suggestions.

They've also got a project wiki page up at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora-tour with some more information.

I think some of this email might have be inspired by Karsten's comments
in https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talk:Fedora-tour (also noted in a
comment to Ankur's first blog post about this,
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2009/11/26/a-new-fedora-project/).

Suggestions floated so far include:

* the wiki (and then apply publican at the end of each release cycle)
* text files versioned in git
* zikula, once it's up

--Mel