3rd Draft Ready for Review: Ch. 1: Yum

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 13 04:40:20 UTC 2009

On 10/13/2009 07:30 AM, Douglas Silas wrote:
> The 3rd draft of the Yum chapter is ready for review. Formerly, I had
> wanted this draft to be the final one, but I ended up making so many
> changes across the board based on copious feedback from Seth Vidal,
> James Antill, Rahul Kavalapara and others that I'm releasing this one as
> the 3rd draft, to be followed shortly thereafter by the FINAL

Throughout the guide for whatever commands you are list if you are
showing glob expressions, you need to escape them where appropriate.
Example:

# yum list quake\*

The backslash is important to escape the shell. Otherwise any files that
are in the current directly that matches the expression will be passed
an argument to the command instead of what you really want.

Rahul