Fedora Docs Project Schedule page created

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed May 4 14:43:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 09:18 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Stuart Ellis" <stuart at elsn.org>, spake thus:
>
> > OK, so our MasterTasks is more broad strategic /goals/, whilst specific
> > /tasks/ should go on the Schedule.  For example, "Have complete support
> > documentation for deploying FC" would be a project goal, whilst
> > "complete existing Installation Guide document" is a specific task with
> > owners.
> >
> > Am I on the right line ?
>
> That is how I look at it.  The "MasterTasks" enumerates goals and
> directions, whilst the "FedoaDocsSchedule" itemizes each measurable
> activity: sort of like a work breakdown structure.

"By God, I think we've got it!"

I made a new page, DocsProject/Goals, populated it with in-progress-of-
being-rewritten content from MasterTasks, and set a #redirect
DocsProject/Goals on MasterTasks

Sorry about the confusion.  I got off on a task of listing all the
tasks, and got them mixed up with goals. :) It is a -bit- of a misnomer
to call our task list a schedule, but at least it is common across
projects, and if it serves purpose, why complain?

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide