HOWTO: Accessing re-organized Fedora Docs CVS

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue May 10 21:29:35 UTC 2005

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>, spake thus:

> How can we make it so that doing a 'cvs up' to a module will make also
> grab the latest from the docs-setup group?
>
> >    Since each document you get from CVS can share a single "common/",
> >    "stylesheet-images/" and "xsl/" directory, you only need to do
> >    this once regardless of how many documents you work on
> >    simultaneously.
>
> If it's automagically included, can we drop even the first cvs co docs-
> setup?

I'm not really sure that we want the automagic updating.  Especially
for newbies, I think the principal of least surprise is in order
here.

After all, unless they are missing a new entity definition, it
doesn't matter that much what is in their local information; they
can't change it anyway.  Perhaps adding a suggestion about updating
the commons before anything more than a "checkpoint" checkin would be
enough.

I'm OK with the other surgery, though.

Cheers