Docs Guide revisited?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:01:57 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 13:23 -0400, Tammy Fox wrote:
> Hi Paul et all,
>
> Looking at FedoraDocsSchedule, Paul and I are responsible for the task
> "Finalize Documentation Guide outline" after FC4 is finished.
>
> So, seems like we should get cracking on this again.

Absolutely!  My non-Fedora schedule has unfortunately pushed me behind
on this, but it is topping my list.

> This is probably related to Karsten's email about him and Mark updating
> the XML usage guidelines, since they are currently part of the Docs
> Guide.
>
> Let me know your thoughts.

I am assuming other people have visited and added to the DocGuide
outline on the wiki as desired.  Some of this may simply be rearranging,
other stuff is going to require actual writing.  I am not opposed to
authoring on the wiki if that will get people reading it, commenting,
and adding as needed.  If other major DocGuide contributors would rather
just work directly out of CVS, I'm OK with that too.

I will be making some big changes to the example-tutorial so that it is
more of a learning tool that we can reference in the DocGuide.  The
changes to the DocGuide need not hinge on the example-tutorial work, but
they will complement each other eventually as we bring them in sync,
right?