Orphaned Drafts and Other Drafts, maybe we can OD

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 3 21:03:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 12:45 -0500, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> There is a Draft on the wiki that I know is orphaned. I think we should
> talk about a policy for these items at our next meeting.
>
> Another point of interest is helping the other projects with
> documentation. I am trying to learn to package for extras and the info
> seems to be sparse on this.

I found this to be pretty thorough, but I wasn't actually trying to
package software when I read it:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

>  I have asked for packaging help to learn the
> basics so I can help with getting the processes documented. Editing help
> will be needed once I get to that point. The docs for this I would like
> to work on in our Drafts name space so /Docs/Drafts/Extras/ perhaps.

Yes, but let's note something.  Documentation produced by FDP is in the
form of stand-alone guides and the like that look at all or aspects of
an installed sysstem.  However, project-specific documentation is
probably best handled by that project.

So, in this case, we could champion the rewriting of the RPM Guide
(currently fallow in CVS), and draw from the Packaging/Guidelines.
Think of Packaging/Guidelines as an upstream source we can draw from to
produce other downstream content.  It's all OPL (the whole Wiki is), so
it works well.

Does that clear things up, or ...?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project