Mailing List for K-12 Open Source Questions

Steve Hargadon steve at hargadon.com
Mon Jun 26 18:24:41 UTC 2006

On one of the technical Linux/Open Source lists I am subscribed to, a
teacher complained about the lack of a mailing list for Free and Open
Source Software for the non-technical users in schools.

As I'm working currently on a book on the use of Free and Open Source
software in K-12 schools, and I think the complaint is reasonable.
So, I have started a mailing list for this purpose at
http://groups.google.com/group/k12opensource.  While responses at the
beginning will be limited, I'll announce this list at NECC in our Open
Source lab and during our Birds of a Feather session on K12 Open
Source as well.

I'm also starting a wiki that we'll make public in the next few weeks
as well that will hopefully add to the resources in this arena.

For those who are interested, there are other K12 Open Source
resources available at the following websites:

http://k12edcom.org
http://www.K12LTSP.org
http://www.K12LTSP.com - K12LTSP map
http://www.K12Linux.org