Request for review: perl-Maypole (and friends)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 20:33:08 UTC 2005

Recently, I've heard a fair amount of buzz about something called
Maypole (Linux Journal did a piece about an 18 line web application).
So, I decided that I would package it up. And I succeeded, but man, oh,
man, does that thing have dependencies.

So, I am requesting review for perl-Maypole, and the 39 other packages
that it needed as dependencies. Now, before everyone freaks and runs the
other direction, the vast majority of these packages are perl noarch,
straight off the template.

All of the specs and SRPMs can be found in here:
http://auroralinux.org/people/spot/review/Maypole/

The packages are:
libapreq2:
Library for manipulating client request data via the Apache API
perl-CGI-Simple:
Simple totally OO CGI interface that is CGI.pm compliant
perl-CGI-Untaint-date:
Validate a date
perl-CGI-Untaint:
Process CGI input parameters
perl-Class-Accessor-Chained:
Make chained accessors
perl-Class-Data-Inheritable:
Inheritable, overridable class data
perl-Class-DBI-AbstractSearch:
Abstract Class::DBI's SQL with SQL::Abstract
perl-Class-DBI-AsForm:
Produce HTML form elements for database columns
perl-Class-DBI-FromCGI:
Update Class::DBI data using CGI::Untaint
perl-Class-DBI-Loader-Relationship:
Easier relationship specification in CDBI::L
perl-Class-DBI-Loader:
Dynamic definition of Class::DBI sub classes
perl-Class-DBI-mysql:
Extensions to Class::DBI for MySQL
perl-Class-DBI-Pager:
Pager utility for Class::DBI
perl-Class-DBI-Pg:
Class::DBI extension for PostgreSQL
perl-Class-DBI-Plugin-RetrieveAll:
More complex retrieve_all() for Class::DBI
perl-Class-DBI-Plugin:
Abstract base class for Class::DBI plugins
perl-Class-DBI-Plugin-Type:
Determine type information for columns
perl-Class-DBI:
Simple Database Abstraction
perl-Class-DBI-SQLite:
Extension to Class::DBI for sqlite
perl-Class-Trigger:
Mixin to add / call inheritable triggers
perl-Class-Whitehole:
Base class to treat unhandled method calls as errors
perl-Data-Page:
Help when paging through sets of results
perl-DBD-SQLite2:
Self Contained RDBMS in a DBI Driver (sqlite 2.x)
perl-DBIx-ContextualFetch:
Add contextual fetches to DBI
perl-Exporter-Lite:
Lightweight exporting of variables
perl-ExtUtils-XSBuilder:
Modules that parse C header files and create XS glue code
perl-Ima-DBI:
Database connection caching and organization
perl-IO-CaptureOutput:
Capture STDOUT/STDERR from subprocesses and XS/C modules
perl-IO-stringy:
I/O on in-core objects like strings and arrays
perl-Lingua-EN-Inflect-Number:
Force number of words to singular or plural
perl-Lingua-EN-Inflect:
Convert singular to plural, select "a" or "an"
perl-Maypole:
MVC web application framework
perl-SQL-Abstract:
Generate SQL from Perl data structures
perl-Template-Plugin-Class:
Allow calling of class methods on arbitrary classes
perl-Template-Toolkit:
Template processing system
perl-Test-MockModule:
Override subroutines in a module for unit testing
perl-Tie-DBI:
Tie hashes to DBI relational databases
perl-UNIVERSAL-exports:
Lightweight, universal exporting of variables
perl-UNIVERSAL-moniker:
Real world naming for classes

Perl people, I'm looking at you to do reviews/approvals if possible.
However, we're going to need a lot of people to help review all these
packages. If you've got CVS access, you can review packages. Any and all
help is appreciated.

I put a fair amount of work into this effort (a lot more than I thought
it would require at the start), and I'd hate to see it go to waste
because it couldn't all get reviewed.

Thanks in advance,

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!