Deprecated packages

Hi all,

What should we do with packages of closed projects ? For example, elmo (a
text-based mail client) fails to build on PPC today, and the project is
closed since January (http://elmo.sf.net).
Maybe this build failure can be fixed this time, but how should we
depreciate packages in general ? Is there some flag to add, some list where
it should be appended, or should we just remove the directory from CVS ?

Thanks for your input

Aurélien
--
http://gauret.free.fr   ~~~~   Jabber : abompard jabber fr
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -- Rich Cook