Request for addition: GRASS, Quantum GIS

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Mon May 2 11:18:48 UTC 2005

On 02 May 2005 14:30:47 +0400, lemenkov at newmail.ru wrote:

> Hello, All!
>
> I decided to add little help for whose, who
> uses FC at GIS-workstations, and created spec-files for two
> GIS-applications:
>
> * GRASS Geographic Resources Analysis Support System.
>
> spec:   http://paula.comtv.ru/grass.spec
> source: http://grass.itc.it/grass60/source/grass-6.0.0.tar.gz
>
> * Quantum GIS.
>
> spec:   http://paula.comtv.ru/qgis.spec
> source: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qgis/qgis-0.6.0.tar.gz?download
>
> (n.b.: Qantum GIS depends on GEOS, which stillnot in FE-repository,
> but exists at newrpms).
>

> Please tell me, what should I do next for the sake of inclusion of
> these two applications to the FC/FE-package tree?
>
> And maybe someone will be so patient what he'll review my spec-files?

Please see list archives around April 18th (yeah, would be easier if everyone
used a clear subject line like you did):

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-April/msg00474.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-April/msg00476.html

We now have several people who want to work on GIS related packages and
their inter-dependencies, which is the opportunity to team up. I can help
with reviewing spec files, but the more important thing would be to produce
packages, which work and e.g. fix the issues linked in above message.