Re: make tag and %{?dist}

Josh Boyer wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how the %{dist} macro is supposed to work with
the 'make tag' command in CVS.

According to http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DistTag one can append
%{?dist} to the Release field in the spec file and it will be expanded
to the correct value when the package is built by the build system.

Huh? We came to agreement around 2 months ago that the scary macro voodoo had to be rewritten because we must not use rpm query during rpmbuild. Spot had a set of scripts to replace them. Don't know what happened after that.

Warren