Package Build Report - Fedora Extras Development

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu May 5 13:39:42 UTC 2005

Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2005, 08:35 -0400 schrieb seth vidal:
> The following packages failed to build on Fedora Extras Development:
> [...]
> Coin2
> [...]
> See: http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/development/
> for logs.

Seth, on x86_64 the buildsystem/mach/yum installs the 32-bit version of
libGLU (xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.8.2-1.FC3.13.i386) and not the 64bit-
version (xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.8.2-1.FC3.13.x86_64) for the
"BuildRequire libGLU.so.1". The build fails due to that. I wanted to
look into this already known problem but did not find the time/it got
lost. Sorry for that.

So, how do we fix that? I'm a bit unsure. I suppose (but did not try)
that the build system would install the x86_64 Version if we would

BuildRequires: libGLU >= 1

as suggested by mharris in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2005-March/msg00128.html
But this only works in devel :-(

Another way to fix maybe would be to do a

%ifarch x86_64
BuildRequires: libGLU.so.1()((64bit)
%else
BuildRequires: libGLU.so.1
%endif

(was suggested my Michael Schwendt iirc). Also untested and imho ugly.

Or do you consider it as a buildsystem/yum bug? Shall I file a
bugreport? Why does this problem only show up with this package (or are
there others I missed?).