Valid Group names

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Thu May 5 22:20:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 06:06:44PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > I think I am missing the obvious, but is there a page in the Wiki with
> > the valid Group names that can be used when creating packages?
> /usr/share/doc/rpm-*/GROUPS
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RPMGroups

It's kind of a weird list -- anything remotely related to math or science
ends up getting lumpted into "Applications/Engineering".

Personally, I think the list should be reduced to:

 Core
 Extras

.

For various reasons, it's been found to be more useful to keep the updated
version of this metainformation externally -- in comps.xml and the (same
format) yum groupfiles. Given that that's the case, having this
slightly-askew list of round-peg-square-hole categories in the RPM itself
ought to go.