Approval needed: mlmmj

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Sat May 7 02:02:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've cleaned up the spec file for the mlmmj package - thanks to Michael
Schwendt for pointing out the longstanding errors and sundry small issues.

I've also added a patch from the upstream author that fixes a potential
race condition with moderation. Lists with multiple moderators may see
multiples of the same message, if more than one moderator approves it
before it's removed from the pending queue - the mod. request is now renamed
after the first moderation approval to prevent this. I believe this will
be merged into 1.2.6

It's in CVS (cvs co mlmmj) and also at http://www.enlartenment.com/extras/
if you wish to review it or otherwise give it a spin. I've been running it
myself without problems (i386 / Core 3 box) but am interested in others'
experiences

I do have a couple of style/content queries for consideration though:

- As the package should require a mail transport agent, what would be the
best means of ensuring this? I've seen and used "Requires: smtpdaemon"
previously (having seen it in RH specs). Would including this virtual req.
still be the best practice?

- The source package also contains two web frontends (one in Perl and
another in PHP) for maintaining the lists and allowing visitors to sign up.
Should they be split off into a subpackage, included in %doc (which I've
seen done for some other packages) or omitted completely (the current
status). Otherwise creation of new lists is via a small shell script
included in the current package - fine for shell access but not overly
convenient.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"