Re: Fedora Extras 3 Build Report

On Sat, 07 May 2005 10:44:49 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> Failed:
> gcl
> graveman
> python-cherrypy - cvs tag seems wrong
> amarok - timed out (how long does it take to build this)
> ulogd - wrong source file uploaded
> js - timeout on x86_64
> xfce4-session
> xfcalendar
> xfce4-mixer
> gnome-applet-netspeed
> cone
> blacs
> scalapack
> R-RScaLAPACK
> librx
> pam_mount - cvs tag for FC-3 is wrong
> enigma
>
> http://extras64.linux.duke.edu/failed/3/
>
> About the timeout: In order to keep a job from getting stuck in an
> infinite loop or other hanging problem I put a 1 hour limit on any 1
> build process. If the job isn't finished w/i an hour it will be killed.
> amarok and js both timed out trying to complete their builds. I'm going
> to raise the time to 2 hours and resubmit the jobs.

I don't understand this. For instance, you've built "cone" successfully
before into updates-testing. If I read the Wiki page correctly, the
request asked to move the updates-testing version into the main
repository. Why did the unexpected rebuild fail? And why are there
complete i386 binaries, but the x86_64 log is empty except for the
timeout message? Did it time out because it's C++ code which took
more than an hour to build? I can't believe that.

Do you build the packages in the queue in parallel or one by one?

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
loadavg: 1.29 1.17 1.16