Re: Review Request: gtorrentviewer

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 08:18 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:07 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/gtorrentviewer/gtorrentviewer.spec

%{__sed} -i -e 's Exec=gtorrentviewer@Exec=%{_bindir}/gtorrentviewer@' \
	    -e 's Icon=gtorrentviewer png@Icon=%{_datadir}/pixmaps/gtorrentviewer.png@' \
	data/gtorrentviewer.desktop.in

Completely unnecessary.

Some might say that the latter (Icon= with a hardcoded path) is actually
harmful because it'll probably prevent icon theming from working for
this particular icon.  Not that it'd be a big deal right now, but in
principle.

I've reverted back to the relative path now. I did the edit to use absolute paths because the NewPackageProcess Wiki page refers to the logjam package as an example, and the desktop file in that package uses absolute paths; I thought it might be a portability thing.

I've also added a call to update-desktop-database in the %post and %postun scripts, and added Requires(post) and Requires(postun) dependencies on desktop-file-utils accordingly.

Paul.