Epoch + snort sponser

The new snort RPM's are about ready, but am wondering about stripping
the Epoch out.  I've noticed when I build RPM's without the Epoch then I
can't simply 'rpm -Fvh' the rpm, it doesn't see it as an upgrade.  If I
put the Epoch back in the spec then it'll update just fine.

Ideas on how to safely get rid of the Epoch?  Or am I just stuck with it
there forever?

Since snort is about ready to roll out the new version + new RPM's I'd
like to see if we can get it in Extras now if someone wants to help...

Dan